Tuesday, August 14, 2007

it aint over yet

Hello Everyone and thank you for your words andblessings.Made it through the night and around here all isquiet. Lots of hoop-la yesterday. Picked up Josh fromcamp and met Drew and Zach back at the house. We hungout and were determining whether or not to go toJerusalem. Last year my brother asked me to do some PTon a very high ranking intelligence officer in theIsraeli Defense Force. I have worked on him more thana few times and now he kind of takes us under his wingand calls every so often from the front to joke withme and also advise us. When he called yesterday totell me to take my family to Jerusalem the stressnotch cranked a few. We discussed different optionsand what was decided was to keep the bag packed by thefront door and leave when/if barraged by the psychoArabs. So, what did we do? We went boogie boarding with thekids down at the beach. What else to do? I can't inall good consciousness eat any more ice cream! Reallynow! So, there we were playing my favoritegame..."smash ball" and Zach comes out of the waterand he has cut his foot quite deep. Hmmmmmm. sit downand think..... OK, to the life guard station, then tothe clinic....then to the ER room. I was thinking allalong that if there was to be any missile injurieswhat better place to be than at the ER!!! How clever!All was OK except Josh was back at the apartmentalone. I was pretty nervous about that but had tofocus on getting Zach figured out. I knew Mr. Josh,who is now better known as Mr. Bling Bling, would beliving it up in front of the TV anyhow. We drove tothe hospital which turned out to be a religioushospital and modest attire was requested. Modestattire? I have just come from the beach! This is toofunny. We dug through the car to find somethingmodest. Aha...I wrap a towel around my waist to make along skirt and take Zach in. We get moved throughquite quickly but then need an Xray to see ifsomething is lodged in the foot. The doctor was aLatvian ancient guy who communicated with me in Latin!yikes. The people that walked in were quite the'Motley Crew'. One women with an injured foot fromrunning from the missiles in the north. In the end, hehad cut into the foot over 1 inch deep. Cleaned it,antibiotics and we were off. Got home at ten and thenhad to reassess what the plan was. Started in with thephone calls of what to do... We decided to sleepthrough the night in Netanya and here we are. We arekeeping everybody home today to stay together althoughI don't even know if that is necessary. Everything isfull speed ahead. Language school did not stop, campis going on but really my nerves need a littlereprieve. Politically, sounds like the Iranians are funnelingmilitary supplies to the Syrians which are handing itover to their ADD, ADHD, psychopathic little brothers, the Hezbollah to shoot at us. Lovely. Thankgod the G8 is behind us. Didn't do too well in political science? Well, youshould move here because before you know it you can bean expert on world affairs. (not the boy type!)I hear the Israeli helicopters working round theclock. They are amazing. Send your support to Israel.We need it to keep these terrorists down. It is toprotect the Americans as well. That's my plug.Well today should be as exciting as the last 30 days Ihave been here. love Adele

No comments: